A Literary Tea Party: Blends and Treats for Alice, Bilbo, Dorothy, Jo, and Book Lovers Everywhere
by Alison Walsh.
Six Word Summary: Tea, cakes, food – perfect tea party!
Blurb: A Literary-Inspired Cookbook for Voracious Readers at Teatime
Tea and books: the perfect pairing. There’s nothing quite like sitting down to a good book on a lovely afternoon with a steaming cup of tea beside you, as you fall down the rabbit hole into the imaginative worlds of Alice in Wonderland, The Hobbit, and Sherlock Holmes . . .
Fire up your literary fancies and nibble your way through delicate sweets and savouries with A Literary Afternoon Tea, which brings food from classic books to life with a teatime twist. Featuring fifty-five perfectly portioned recipes for an afternoon getaway, including custom homemade tea blends and beverages, you will have everything you need to plan an elaborate tea party. Cook up and enjoy:
- Turkish Delight while sipping on the White Witch’s Hot Chocolate from The Chronicles of Narnia
- Drink Me Tea with the Queen of Hearts’s Painted Rose Cupcakes from Alice in Wonderland
- Eeyore’s “Hipy Bthuthday” Cake with Hundred Acre Hot Chocolate from Winnie the Pooh
- Hannah’s Sweet Potato Bacon Pastries and Jo’s Gingerbread from Little Women
- Tom Sawyer’s Whitewashed Jelly Doughnuts from Tom Sawyer
Accompanied with photographs and book quotes, these recipes, inspired by the great works of literature, will complement any good book for teatime reading and eating.
My Thoughts: I absolutely love the concept behind this book – a literary tea party. Reading the blurb of this book made me seriously consider throwing a themed tea party just so I could show off all these great recipes! Continue reading “Cooking Corner: A Literary Tea Party by Alison Walsh”